Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Not Dead Yet

We completed Referral Paperwork 2.0 today -- thank goodness the bank doesn't charge to notarize. (They sure charge for everything else!) It leaves in tomorrow's mail, after we photocopy it. It was, however, quickly replaced by Travel Paperwork, which arrived today! Sadly, we still don't have more than a general idea of when we will get to use said Travel Paperwork, but its sure fun to think about!

This Thursday we will have our first travel call, in which we get to discuss the Travel Paperwork. It will be a conference call with other families in a similar stage of the process -- folks we only know through the Internet. Each step is exciting because it means we are just that much closer to actually meeting our daughter. Remind me of that when I get my hepatitis shots.

In other news, we are preparing a garage sale for President's Day weekend. Yes, I know. Its still winter. It will be mostly indoors, as in actually in a garage. Well, technically its my in-laws' home office, but that's beside the point. The point is, if we waited until the sun decided to show up around these parts, we'd be holding the garage sale four months after we get home from Ethiopia -- as in August. Given the expenses involved, we may just have to do one in August as well. (For you local folks who may have garage sale-worthy items you want to donate, you can drop them by Tim and Bev's house anytime before February 13th. Thanks!)

Speaking of donations, we have been unbelievably blessed by some anonymous donations lately. Unbelievably. Blessed. Let's just say, God is good!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Yes, I'll definitely be making my way to that Italian joint!! lol

We just got referral packet 2.0 in the mail yesterday, so we're going to start on that tonight again. Did you hear Jody's got lost too?!

I'm so excited to get the travel pack!! Oh yeah AND get a court date!! Wouldn't it be AWESOME if we got a court date early enough AND passed AND got to travel before March 30th to get the awesome deal from Ethiopia Airlines? Wishful thinking...

jas said...

I am sure I can rustle up a few things for the garage sale. We are still filling our baby bottle too! The kids have enjoyed being a part of that! They love your baby girl already too! :)
We are finally coming home today so I'll look forward to seeing the boys tonight at AWANA! love you!

jas said...

Oops! Sarah, this is me, Susan. I'm on my brothers computer so my comment shows up at him! hee hee!

Kristi J said...

good luck with that garage sale...I love those things for some reason...kristi