Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Big Things in Small Packages

Its our much-anticipated Referral Packet! Seriously. We watched for the UPS truck all day long. I had pretty much given up around 5 o'clock, then at 7 o'clock I was trying to herd the boys upstairs when I heard the truck. We thundered back downstairs and answered the door en masse. I think we scared the poor woman. (One adoptive family I know of took a photo of their UPS delivery gal dropping off the package. We intended to steal the idea, but if you've seen the news, we're under major flood conditions here in Washington State. The poor woman looked as if she had swum upstream to deliver the package. At 7 pm. I decided to spare her.) This half-inch-thick binder, complete with a much cuter picture on the front than the representation seen here, holds nearly a half-inch-thick stack of paperwork that must be completed to really get this thing moving! Well, until it hangs out in Ethiopia for another three months. But at least its progress!
Speaking of which, we have our phone consult with the international pediatrician tomorrow morning. AND my new favorite person, our social worker, is now playing hardball with the folks that are holding our FDL form hostage, telling them that she is trying to dissuade us from contacting our senator. Ha! Love it. Our former copy was also discovered to be at the agency that AGCI teamed up with for the Vietnam program. Ah, bureaucracy.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Ooooo SO fun!! Can't wait to get that package!! I think I'll pop home over my lunch hour to see if it's arrived yet!

Erin said...

Isn't that the most beautiful pile of paperwork in the whole world? Especially with your baby's face on the front! Yeah!

Samantha Edwards said...

serious question (i'm not so familiar with the adoption process), why can't you show the cutie's face? I'm so glad this is finally rolling!!! :) You're in my prayers!

Dawn said...

Glad you got the OK from the doc - we did too! Are you doing the call on Monday? I SO want to jump on a plane right now!

jody said...

ugh, this transition plan-i am ready to be done with all these pages nopw thank you!!! i just want my baby-no more papers to fill out! we are doing the monday conf call-maybe we'll "hear you" then?? :)

Dawn said...

Yes - we just finished up working on the transition plan. My oh my, that was a lot! I can't wait to send it all in and get our court dates!!

Yes, I think it is going to take awhile to go through and unpack it all. I love looking at all the stuff though... so fun! have you been shopping for girl stuff?? :)

Farrah said...

Hi I found your blog through another and wanted to say Congrats...

Do you mind emailing me I would like to talk to you about your son that is autistic.

adoptingmom29@yahoo.com

I couldn't find your email anywhere!

Kristi J said...

Oh, I can't wait for my referral packet to arrive...or how about just a referral..that would be fine too :) things are slow this week :( oh well, February, the month of love would be a great time to see my baby too :) kristi