Thursday, January 22, 2009

Death by Paperwork

So, you remember that big ol' stack of referral paperwork that we filled out and overnighted to AGCI? Yeah, well, it has vanished. Gone. They can't locate it anywhere. They know they received it -- they have the check -- but somewhere between our Case Manager and the Program Manager, it got misplaced. Thus, the kindly UPS gal once again appeared on my doorstep with a packet of papers. We have a week to return this set and you can bet I'm not paying the big money to ship it this time around! Thankfully, its just internal paperwork for the agency, and will not in any way slow down our process. It just gives me one more thing to do while I wait! (I think I'd rather go shopping for little leggings instead -- for the baby, not for me -- but whatever.)

Speaking of missing paperwork, I do have good news to report, in that our long, lost document from Citizenship/Immigration has finally reached its appropriate places. Long story short, we had the correct document since August, though we were told it was not. They had given us our extension back when we filed for our country change, but sent it to AGCI's Vietnam liaison, so nobody really knew. Anyway, even when they finally figured out that it was the right document and where it was, it still listed the Vietnam agency on it. Now, however, we have the REAL correctly-labeled, document. It only took 4+ months to figure that out. (Funny how quickly things were ironed out once our social worker mentioned our state senator....) It is a definite answer to prayer, however it came to pass.

Several families just returned from picking up their children -- how exciting! A couple of them are ill -- yes, that seems to happen a lot despite every precaution -- but you can bet that once they're better I'm going to be bugging them for information on our little Miss M: "Tell me, did you see my baby? You know, the cutest one in the whole place?" :)

5 comments:

jody said...

maybe your referral paperwork was off on a rendezvous with your immigration paperwork!!! well, i am sorry you had to re-do it but at least it is internal and not something that will hold up the process. i got an email from kimmie today about our baby girl-i totally cried when i read it!

Dawn said...

US TOO SARAH!!! They lost ours too!! Julie called yesterday... I was just relieved that it's not going to hold up the process. Ugh!

God Made Playdough said...

I want to shop for little leggings with you! :)

Amanda Hug'n Kiss said...

It might just be me, but now when you talk about paperwork it all sounds like happy things (perhaps annoying that you have to do it again) but happy because now you can see who you are doing it for?
Shopping for leggings is fun, Target has really cute ones and I think I own every pair!

jody said...

hey guess what phone call we got today too??? yup, seems like our paperwork has joined yours and dawn's. and no, of course i did not make copies of THIS batch of paperwork, even though i have for everything else. good times....