Monday, April 6, 2009

Never Boring

In true chaotic fashion, we received official confirmation of our travel dates last Friday! (The news caught me between the pediatrician's office, picking up antibiotics, and packing to go out of town for the weekend. I was also trying to post regarding receiving our news about court, but hey, now that's old news! Let's just say I was jumping up and down at my son's bus stop and that he was mortified.)

We will be leaving the morning of April 18th, flying cross-country to Dulles airport, then, after a short layover, we will be flying on to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. We'll arrive in Addis Sunday evening in time to grab a bite to eat and go to bed. Bright and early Monday morning, we'll get to meet our little girl!

The next few days in Ethiopia will be filled with our appt at the US Embassy, where we will get our little one's travel visa and passport, a short shopping trip, and a cultural dinner on Wednesday night. Thursday we'll pack to fly home later that evening. We arrive back in Seattle on Friday afternoon. Phew. It truly is a whirlwind trip.
Around here, the hurricane of activity to prepare for the trip is getting off to a difficult start. This week just happens to be Spring Break, which means this Mama ain't getting much of anything accomplished! Both boys are battling colds and Daddy has to work around the clock -- literally -- to make up for the time he will be needing to take off. Our color-coded to-do list has never looked so daunting. However, when I get the moment to sit, exhale, and rub my temples a bit -- usually behind a locked bathroom door, mind you -- I think that should it come down to throwing my toothbrush, deodorant, and soap in a backpack, along with a heap of formula, we will manage.

And now, because I know its much more entertaining than hearing me moan about my to-do list, some photos from our weekend outting. We went out to my husband's grandparent's home in Ocean Shores -- a 2 1/2 hour drive. We hadn't seen them for a while and greatly needed the time away with the boys. Miracle of miracles, the sun even shone for few days! Nothing like a trip to a Washington beach in spring...it was a balmy 65 degrees.










Yes, that's me in those big rubber boots. I got them in college when I was studying marine biology and needed to muck around in the surf. I was wearing those things before it was cool, people! Hubby finally got himself a pair this year. He's been jealous of my boots since the first time he saw them.








6 comments:

jody said...

oh the getting ready to go is going to KILL me-but we WILL get there, right??? c u soon!!

Michelle said...

Sorry about your crazy busy to-do list. It's for a good cause though!! :) I wish I could help you get ready, but with 3 little ones myself (including a nursing baby), I can't really get away. I'm praying for you though!!

Renee said...

Sounds like we are on the same flight perhaps. Ethiopian air leaving dulles around 8:30 pm? We are lucky in that we live about an hour and half-2 hours away from dulles so we are driving there. We will see you soon.

Kelly said...

I recently stumbled across your blog and just wanted to pass along my best wishes as you travel to Ethiopia to bring home your daughter! We are just starting the Ethiopian adoption process ourselves. I look forward to hearing about your journey.

Kristin said...

Awesome beach pics. I see a baby fitting right in! So happy for you!

God Made Playdough said...

I'm jealous too, those boots are hot! :)