Friday, September 26, 2008

Prayers for Abby

So while I'm sitting around feeling sorry for myself, I've been following the blogs of other AGCI families. The ones I really love to read are those who have brought little girls home -- because someday that's going to be me, but I also enjoy those of folks who are still enduring the wait right alongside me. And then there is the Riggs family. I've been following their blog for months now. The Riggs are true examples of what it means to parent and grow your family in obedience to God even in the face of adversity. One of the children they have adopted -- a little girl named Abby -- was fairly recently diagnosed with leukemia. Since her diagnosis, there has been no end to the trials this family has had to endure. This week in partcular has been particularly heart-wrenching. Please, remember them in your prayers.

1 comments:

Michelle Riggs said...

Thank you o much for praying for Abby and for telling others about her.

I look forward to "following" your blog.