Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Number

We got our update phone call today. We are officially number....

How is that for exciting?! And I really needed some good news today. I was really surprised. I was guessing we'd be closer to 21 or so. This means that five families have accepted some sort of referral in the last month. Some families are waiting for a boy OR a girl, some are waiting for a toddler girl, some may opt for a waiting child (older, sibling group, or with special needs). Ironically, the wait can get longer as you move up the list because as you get closer to the top, preferences are getting more specific. But for now, #18 is a pretty darn good place to be!


7 comments:

Our journey said...

Yeah for the movement. I was as excited and suprised as you were to move 5 spots! The movement means we are that much closer to our little ones and that God matched 5 children with their families. Pretty amazing!

Amy

Dawn said...

Woohoo - gotta love movement!! Looks like we're right by eachother on the list!

God Made Playdough said...

I can't wait to meet her! I know her and Anna will be great friends!

jody said...

I was really surprised, too! We are just behind you on the list-God is awesome!!

Brian and Autumn said...

I am so excited to see this much movement for you. Congratulations!!
Autumn

Michelle said...

Yeah Sarah! I'm glad to hear that! We're getting that much closer to meeting our girls :)

Melissa said...

Congratulations on your movement! when the courts open, you will see the time will fly!