Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Time Flies -- But I Don't

Today, I delivered my in-laws to the airport. Leaving them at the departure curb, I wished it were time for hubby and I to fly to Ethiopia. Fly? Did I really think that? I can't wait to fly? Either I am: a) growing up, b) in denial, or c) really motivated. If you've seen her picture, you understand. I can't tell you how cool it is, when people ask how soon we get to bring M home, to reply, "Oh, hopefully next month." Next month! 19 days until our court hearing....

We've been keeping ourselves busy. Sunday, my mom and I had the kind of shopping spree one can only have when one is shopping for a little girl. I mean, baby boy clothes are cute...but have you seen baby girl clothes? Oh. My. Goodness. I would share photos, but our camera-to-computer cord vanished in our garage sale. Along with our camera case. Hmm. Hopefully we'll figure something out soon because...

We're finally making progress on the nursery! The bedding arrived and we'll be painting this weekend. Then we can assemble the furniture. After that all we'll need is a little girl baby. (I'm still waiting on other certain mommies -- ahem, Dawn -- to show and tell! Hint hint!)

Next Tuesday we visit the Travel Clinic -- duh, duh, duhduh -- where we will get to shell out big bucks for the privilege of being poked with at least two big needles on syringes filled with wimpy versions of nasty illnesses. That sounds almost as fun as flying.

The things we do for our children!

8 comments:

God Made Playdough said...

Post pictures of all the cute baby clothes! I want to see! :)

Renee said...

Yeah for 19 days away..just in the past few days the wait has really started to get to me. I love to fly but have developed clautrophobia since my last long flight so i'm a little worried. I might have to take something to knock me out on the way there. Praying we all pass and get to travel togeather in April.

Kristi J said...

yeah..you're almost there..so happy for you guys...we look forward to brighter days ahead...I think I'll put off my shots now :) kj

tscarter7 said...

it's almost time!!!We cannot wait to have the boys on Tuesday! :)

jody said...

i am oddly looking forward to the long flight over (not so much the return one though) b/c i cannot wait to have so many hours of uninterrupted time to read, knit, talk to my husband w/o having to fend off 3 other little voices at the same time, just stare off into space if i want, etc. i think it will be GLORIOUS! i will miss my kids while i am there, but for that one flight, i think it will be so great!!! i cannot wait-it could be so soon for all of us, sarah!!!!

Dawn said...

Did you find that cord yet?? Post some pics woman!! Yes, I agree I am WAY nicer to Jody then she is to me! She is a mean girl.. I'm tellin ya. You will soon see cause well we WILL all be going to ETH together NEXT month. 14 days...

God Made Playdough said...

Thank you for the fun day yesterday! I love how comftorable I feel with you!
Rylie loved the princess dresses! And Anna likes her musical giraffe! Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

HA! I hate to fly, too, but cannot wait to fly to Ethiopia :) I cannot wait to be where you are- traveling this summer! Great blog.