Friday, August 29, 2008

Adoption and the Church

My mom sent me the link to this powerful posting on adoption by Albert Mohler on his blog: http://www.albertmohler.com/blog_read.php?id=1504 .

I often feel embarassed to bring up our adoption because I don't want to be seen as bragging, like I'm proud of doing some good deed. In truth, being obedient to the call of adoption had very little to do with our decision to do so in the beginning. We were just interested in having more children and were open to the idea of doing so through adoption. (While it is not impossible for us to have more children biologically, given the difficulty of my second pregnancy it is not a very desirable option.) The fact that God commands us to care for orphans -- at home and abroad -- only serves to affirm that we are doing something right. He's the only One to whom we have to answer and it is our hope that He will find us faithful.

0 comments: